Monday 30 September 2013

Project 2 : NATURAL & MAN-MADE STRUCTURES

Hello!
Before I start my project 2, I need to tour myself around the campus with my DSLR camera.
It was quite exciting because I get to explore more compunds.
*Whisper: I'm very lazy to walk around during normal days.*

For this project, it is divided into 2 sections as well ;
Project 2a: Natural structure
Project 2b: Man-made structure

Through this project, we are able :
  • To enhance students’ understanding of  basic elements and principles of design through observation of existing natural and man-made structures.
  •  To enhance students’ creativity in presenting their ideas selectively and graphically.
  •  To nourish students’ skills in creative thinking, observation, sketching, rendering, colouring, writing description and composing graphical images.
Project 2a

 B&W Image for the plant that I found in front of my dormitory.
The reason I choose this because I really fancy the beautiful structure on the leaf.
This kind of structure can also be applied on the buildings deign.
By this, I realize human often inspired by the structure of the plants to design things in life.
For example,
the Dynamic Tower by David Fisher which can produce energy by itself.
Just like leaf, it too can produce energy by itself through photosynthesis.
Just in case you can't see clearly ..

So this is the end product:
I have used tonel, scumble, hatching, cross-hatching and dots to produce this sketch.

Next,

Project 2b: Man-Made Structure:
I choose the sky bridge that connects my hostel compound with the main campus.
The reason I picked it to draw because I like the function of the bridge- to connect 2 different places together.
Besides, the rhythm of the structure is harmony.

 The B&W picture:
The end product:
Eq used : water color.

That's all for today.
Till then!
See you soon k ^^





No comments:

Post a Comment